What your dentists in Santa Rosa want you to know
Are you tired of not having a smile due to missing teeth? Are you wearing an old denture from years ago that looks unsightly and doesn’t fit well? If you answered yes to either of these questions, it’s time for you to consider a new denture. It’s time to discuss your denture options. Your dentists at Santa Rosa Dental Care in Santa Rosa, CA, want to share what you need to know about your denture options.
Today’s dentures are made of high-tech, high-quality materials that feel comfortable and look great. You can choose from a variety of options including:
- An immediate denture which is placed immediately after your teeth are removed; this option allows you to always have a smile. After your tissue has healed, a more permanent conventional denture will be created for you.
- A conventional denture which is your permanent denture, created after your tissue has healed; this option allows you to only have to get used to one dental appliance.
- An implant-supported denture, also called an overdenture, which is snapped in place over dental implants or existing tooth roots; this option helps to maintain the bone in your jaw, giving you a firm jawline and more youthful facial contours.
You may only need to replace a few teeth, and not an entire arch. In this case, a partial denture is a perfect choice. Consider:
- A transitional partial denture if your plan is to have dental implants later on; transitional partials are less expensive and meant to be a temporary alternative until you receive dental implants.
- A conventional partial denture if you don’t want implants; conventional partials are sturdy and meant to be permanent tooth replacement.
You don’t have to settle for a life without your smile. Your smile is your trademark and contributes to your feelings of self-confidence and self-esteem. A strong smile also helps you eat the foods you love. The right denture can restore both the looks and function of your smile. To get started, just pick up the phone and call your dentists at Santa Rosa Dental Care in Santa Rosa, CA, today!