Are you tired of your smile appearing chipped, worn, discolored, or just plain old? At Santa Rosa Dental Care, your friendly team of expert dentists—Dr. Jeffrey Elliott, Dr. Luke Landeros, and Dr. Robert Lund—love keeping smiles healthy and looking great, two goals easily made possible by porcelain veneers! Read below to learn how veneer treatment from their Santa Rosa office can remake your smile to be just the way you've always wanted it!
For your best smile...
To achieve the cosmetic results you desire, you'll first consult with your dentist, undergoing a complete oral examination, X-rays, and other imaging as he deems necessary. For your part, tell your dentist how you want your smile to improve in terms of:
- Tooth color and shape
- Correction of any flaws such as hairline cracks, chips, gaps, mild overlapping, surface pitting and more
- Normalization of uneven tooth length
Dr. Elliott, Dr. Landeros, or Dr. Lund, will tell you which treatment or treatments will produce the effects you desire. Porcelain veneers are a popular option because these translucent shells of premier ceramic cover dental defects, beautify color and texture, and strengthen tooth enamel.
The veneer process
Obtaining veneers takes two to three visits to Santa Rosa Dental Care. The whole process involves:
- Enamel resurfacing so veneers to fit properly within your mouth. This gentle removal of about 1/2 millimeter of tooth enamel makes the procedure permanent so you will always wear veneers on the selected teeth. Once this is done, you will wear temporary veneers while your permanent ones are made.
- Oral impressions and creation of a model of your mouth, along with a treatment plan. This information goes to a dental lab for individual sculpting of each veneer.
- A "try-on" of the new veneers before final placement.
- Permanent bonding of veneers. This involves application and hardening of a tooth-colored cement.
You'll adjust to your new veneers quickly—within a week or so. Going forward, be sure to brush twice a day, floss daily, and see your dentist at Santa Rosa Dental Care twice a year for cleanings and examinations.
You can consume your usual diet, too. However, limit dark drinks, such as coffee, or foods such as soy sauce and berries. Drink plenty of water, and do not bite down on super-hard foods such as peanut brittle or candy apples. These items may dislodge or chip your new veneers.
Change your smile and your self-confidence
A cosmetic dentistry consultation at Santa Rosa Dental Care will help you do both. For more information, please contact the office at (707) 921-1970.